MIPP opens applications for ‘Scholarships for Master Research Projects’, Second Call 2015.
Millenium Institute for Market Imperfections and Public Policy, MIPP, promotes and spreads avant-garde research in the responses of public policies to different market imperfections. Researchers of the Institute develop tools to evaluate different designs and to make suggestions in order to improve the welfare and functioning of markets and organizations. Research areas of MIPP include: Industrial Organization, Finance, and Political Economics. In this context, MIPP invites Master’s Students to participate in the application process for MIPP Master Thesis. The candidate must show interest in topics related with the Institute and also count on the sponsorship of some of the academics of the Institute.
Requirements/documents to apply
- To be a student on the last year of the Master in Applied Economics or similar program.
- Grade transcript.
- Sponsorship of at least one of the academics who participate on MIPP and recommendation letter.
- To present a thesis proposal in the moment of application. Research project of three pages.
Thesis support involves the following payments:
- First payment for 500.000 CLP when signing agreement with MIPP.
- Second payment for 500.000 CLP when written text is delivered and approved.
- Third payment of 200.000 CLP at the moment of thesis defense.
- To apply, the student must be taking the seminary of research project of the Master on Applied Economics program of the Industrial Engineering Department of University of Chile; or the student must be in process to show her or his research project according to her or his study program.
- This benefit can only be provided to students who DO NOT have the support of Conicyt scholarship at the moment of signing agreement, or any other type of thesis funding.
- Payments are delivered through invoice for professional fees (Boleta de Honorarios).
- Thesis project shall be finished in a period no longer than one year.
- Application call: November 23, 2015
- Application closure: December 23, 2015
- Resolutions: December 30, 2015
- Start of the benefit: when signing agreement
How to apply:
Application must be sent in a sealed envelope to MIPP office placed in Avenida República 701, office 34. Besides, a digital version of the documents must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com . Applications will be received only until December 23, 2015, 4:00 p.m.
To see application bases, click here.